Why Is It Called 'Kal's Gift Shop'?

So, I suppose I should tell you how it came to be known as Kal's Gift Shop. Back in 2002, I was working at a T.J. Maxx in Dublin, Calif., and I had this young co-worker whose name, sadly, I don't even remember. He was a cute kid with a young son, with whose baby mama he was engaged in an unfriendly custody battle. Somehow it must have come up during work that I am a writer. Maybe I mentioned I was writing something. Maybe he was just responding to what he'd just heard. I remember talking to [what's his name] standing in the hallway that led from the employee lunch room to the sales floor. I remember his saying, yeah you should write, and post it on the Internet and call it: "Kal's Gift Shop"! So, there it is. That's how it started.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Declaration of the Rights of the Man and of the Citizen of 1789